Would you like to save on fuel? Change to hybrid or electric propulsion;
it will save a lot of fuel. You can save up to twenty to twenty-five per cent.
An engine delivers its maximum performance only at a specific rotational speed. Any deviation from that speed will decrease the efficiency. A hybrid or electric propulsion will use power in a different way, that will always optimize the engine’s operation to the highest rpm. Hybrid propulsion keeps the motor running at the designated speed of maximum performance.
The major benefits of hybrid propulsion
- Reduces fuel consumption, in some occasions with as much as 25 per cent
- Makes your propulsion future proof, complies with the new CCR rules of 2016
- Reduces emissions, which can lead to a reduction of port dues.
- Maintenance saving on a diesel engine
The basis of hybrid or electric propulsion consists of a trusted technique, components that have proven their reliability in the Inland Water Transport (IWT): a diesel engine and an electric motor. The improvement consists of the way in which they are applied.
Choose a reliable partner
You can rely on the quality of Hybrid Ship Propulsion. We already have several vessels successfully equipped with hybrid or electric propulsion. We only use products of the highest quality, like the noted Baumüller motors.
Your tailor made solution
We offer tailor made solutions, that seamlessly fit your ship and your method of operation. The reliable way and the only way to gain maximum performance. Our services are:
- Design, delivery and installation of electric propulsion
- Design of mechanical construction and the layout
- Software installation
- Installation of monitor and control equipment